• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cmyk

149motorsports

I went to have some business cards made and they told me the file i sent them was a RGB file. I need to switch it over to CMYK colors. How would I do this?
thanks

OADesign

I'm goign to sound rude but that is not my intent.

Your asking a really vague question. How much is a sign?

A few more details will help someone give you a better answer.

But, not knowing any details, here you go.

Open image in photoshop > select IMAGE > MODE > CMYK. Save and resend.

demandattention

Changing from RGB to CMYK in Flexi

Select the object
View-fill stroke editor(or just hit i and it will pop up)
click advance- mode- select CMYK

mudmedia

Thanks. is there anyway to keep it set to cmyk? it appears to keep going back to RGB.

Flexi is just a over priced juiced up version of microsoft paint...I would be using photoshop, illustrator or corel draw. If you do not have any look into the Adobe cloud service.

qmr55

Thanks. is there anyway to keep it set to cmyk? it appears to keep going back to RGB.

You need to open a CMYK table. Right click on one of your color pallets and find "Open Table". Find a compatible CMYK table in the preloaded ones and there you go. Or you can make your own if you know how.

Mosh

First thing: (and please no one else answer this)..what is K? I know you can guess the other from your home printer, but why is black called K? Sounds like you need you learn what you are doing. Let me guess you sent a 50x50 jpg file too... Sorry for the harsh, but just saying...

149motorsports

Key.. Well since i started to play around with this cmyk. Now i lost my swatch table completely. I tried to clear preferences but that didnt bring it back. Any ideas what i may have hit to delete it? My default is blank.

Last edited: