Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cmyk

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by peewee the pinstriper, Jan 4, 2010.

1. peewee the pinstriper

peewee the pinstriper Member

May 30, 2008
    Venturing off into CMYKville... Why is it when I imported this into Omega and out to GSP Plot it calls for CMYK and also White? I'm printing on White Vinyl .. can you turn a color off? It prints a full square in White then the colors ..White has Haunted me for a month!!! :) logo1.jpg

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Sounds like it's setup with a primer fill. Try turning that off.

On my older version of Omega, the primer on/off is on the fly-out of the fill button. (either image fill or shape fill)

3. peewee the pinstriper

May 30, 2008
    no not that .. even if i import a phot it askes for it.. in omega in print options it shows only CMYK.. in gsp it shows cmyk and white at the tiop.. got the book in my hands right now... i don't get it? Gawd i'm so smart! I figured it out!! I had checked some where along the line " backing finish" in Gsp plot for process colors and made it a preferance... I'm an idiot! :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    That would do it. At least you figured it out! I didn't even know that was an option in there...

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Make sure you don't have backing/finish checked in GSP plot, It it is uncheck it and click preference!

6. peewee the pinstriper

May 30, 2008
    I figured it out! thanks guys!

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    what was it?

8. peewee the pinstriper

May 30, 2008
    Gawd i'm so smart! I figured it out!! I had checked some where along the line... " backing finish" in Gsp plot for process colors and made it a preferance... I'm an idiot! :)

9. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

No, your a pin striper

10. peewee the pinstriper

May 30, 2008
    :) thanks Tony!