• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Channel Letter bender/notcher recommendations?

SignManiac

Can anyone suggest a manufacturer for one? I'm researching the viability of producing channel letters in house for our own stores...

I'm aware of the UL issues. Thanks in advance.

TwoNine

I'm sure you've looked in to AccuBend's? They are cool machines. I ran and setup files for years on one of those....PM me if you want. I do have some info on them. Never tried any other brands though....

The internal software for AccuBend's USED to be pretty....uh....picky. So, unless they've fixed some issues (specifically with making the machine intelligent enough to know what it can and CAN'T do)....Anyway, good luck. 'd be more than happy to share my experiences with you. But don't feel like typing PAGES of text.....

SignManiac

Thanks TwoNine. I was trying to remember their name. They were at the ISA show but I didn't have enough time to speak with them.

TwoNine

No problem....Arete is another that I have used, but it is JUST a CNC notcher. (Meaning you still have to manually bend the return) - They make cool CNC trim cap notchers though - best in the world in my opinion....

Last edited:

John L

Bob we have automated our backs and faces with cnc router. Our can assembly is done with an old Bostitch channel letter stapler (aquired second hand from a now defunked wholesale shop down in GA) that has assembled thousands of letters and is still going strong. Metal notching is by hand for angles. Ruoff notcher for radius and multiples. Bending here is acomplished with a manual vertical bender from CLN (picked up down in Miami, real good guys). Once either I or my sheet metal guy get in our respective groves there aren't any machines out there that produce the product any faster. Letter trim we still do entirely by hand but on a steel table with magnets.

VIP

Bob we have automated our backs and faces with cnc router. Our can assembly is done with an old Bostitch channel letter stapler (aquired second hand from a now defunked wholesale shop down in GA) that has assembled thousands of letters and is still going strong. Metal notching is by hand for angles. Ruoff notcher for radius and multiples. Bending here is acomplished with a manual vertical bender from CLN (picked up down in Miami, real good guys). Once either I or my sheet metal guy get in our respective groves there aren't any machines out there that produce the product any faster. Letter trim we still do entirely by hand but on a steel table with magnets.

Hi John,
I have been searching for the magnets for a while. Do you remember where you purchased them from? Can you hook us up? Thanks!

Mosh

I use the magnets from geekwraps, they have leather covers so they are easy to grab.