• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC HDU pricing?

kustomkoncepts

Hi I got a question on V carving 1" HDU (Precision Board)

I got a CNC this year and do wholesale to other shops in the area along with my own work. One shop likes to tell me what to charge him and to get work/ practice I do it. I know I'm a:doh:.

But it makes money and I am glad to use his work as my learning curve.

he wants 1" HDU v carved, Primed, Painted. so he is just the salesman and installer (Franchise shops gota love em)

I know it is not good to say prices in the open fourums so if any one who does this Please PM me a messege "HDU" and I will PM back what he thinks it should be per SQ FT then tell me what is the going rate per sq ft this will keep the prices out of this post. I don't want to be the Lowballer just trying to play in the game instead of below it so maybe we can keep the CNC side of sign prices up instead of the snowball effect I see on the Wrap side if the signs shops.

Thanks for any help.

iSign

can I suggest raising whatever youy price was going to be, by $50 , and then signing on as a contributing member?

I think half the reason for the unofficial policy against pricing, is to leave a little value remaining in the premium forums, that isn't here in the open forums, as incentive to members like yourself to contribute.

Besides, getting one ot 2 PM's is cool, but an ongoing pricing dialog could empower you with not only the hard earned pricing strategy's of your peers, but some well articulated justifications & sales approaches to help your customers accept & appreciate your prices, even if they are higher than they had expected.

iSign

There are several other forums you are not seeing right now, including a pricing forum.

(also, the ever popular political and religios bashfests... but that's another story)