• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC pricing help/ sign foam carved sign

DSC

Need help on a sign price.. It is a simple cut, carved (3d engrave) sign on 2" 15lb sign foam, double sided. It is 30" x 48" . I am selling wholesale to another local shop.. From what I have read, The pricing for wholesale is around $40 to $50 per sq. ft.. so I priced this at about $1000..(10sq ft per side/face) The client came back and said he got a quote form his usual guy at $ 525 plus shipping!! Am I way off . ??

Thank you in Advance..

Circleville Signs

My guy is $55/sf +40% for double sided. That puts the finished sign in my hands - including all edge shaping and painting. I send them a file, I get a finished sign back.

I would be paying $770 for that sign.

I think your competitor is super low, and you are on the high side for wholesale work.

DSC

I would be doing just the routed blank for the company. Sorry I did not specify .. I think around 750 was right, giving the second side about 1/2 the cost.. Thank you!!

CES020

I think around 750 was right, giving the second side about 1/2 the cost.. Thank you!!

$750 for unpainted? Circle was saying he's paying that for a completed sign, painted and all.

Why so high for wholesale blanks? The stuff cuts like butter. What are you talking, 4 hours max? 4 hours labor at the price you are charging seems like you're trying to make $200 an hour for a blank. Seems a little steep to me.

I'll cut them for that price all day, every day.

k.a.s.

This is exactly why I do not do any wholesale routed signs, I can sell them for $80-$100 psf so I see no reason to work for $45-$50. But maybe if I did not have anything to do I would see it differently, and I don't claim to be a wholesale shop.

That said, his wholesale guy is low but you were to high for wholesale. If i were just routing, no finish, I would be at $80.00 per hour +materials.

To everyone, the end price to a customer on ANY routed signfoam sign should be at least $85-$100+ psf depending on how complicated the design is. The second side should be priced at 70% of the first. If you are selling them for less you are leaving money on the table.

Kevin

This is exactly why I do not do any wholesale routed signs, I can sell them for $80-$100 psf so I see no reason to work for $45-$50. But maybe if I did not have anything to do I would see it differently, and I don't claim to be a wholesale shop.

You're not kidding! Unless everything is alacarte (topolpathing, setup, sales, etc.) machine time needs to be $100/hr minimum.

Finishing is another thing that is taken for granted and lacks appreciation. To change this, we have made some fun unfinished samples that we give away freely. When whoever finally finishes the sign, if ever, there is a new sense of appreciation for what is involved.