• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC review for Cabinet and Sign Maker ... but uses shills to get them sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

signs&more

Hi

I have a small shop and limited budget, looking to get a great machine for the small budget I have. Any recommendations?

thanks

BetterSigns

Precix routers are good option

I do same as you saying, started with signs and got into some cabinet production. got my first machine with manual tool change for sign making from Precix about 2 years ago and price was around $18,000.

then as business grew I also got into Cabinet market and purchased a Auto tool changer from Precix at around $31,000 with HSD tool change spindle. anyways both of them been working great. I hadn't had any down time and kept maintenance at maybe less than $400 a year just for grease and regular clean and check ups.

I highly recommend these machines. Go with their Sierra if you want a more heavy duty table

Cheers

Biker Scout

Wait, didn't the OP just say in another post that he had a Precix for 6 months and it's going great?

Is this like the same person with two different profiles one being a shill for the other?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wait, didn't the OP just say in another post that he had a Precix for 6 months and it's going great?

Is this like the same person with two different profiles one being a shill for the other?

Nice catch! Both BetterSigns and signs&more were the same person and were shilling for Precix. They are now banned.

TerryF

Ordered & pd large deposit for Precix machine over a year ago and still dont have it.

Nice catch! Both BetterSigns and signs&more were the same person and were shilling for Precix. They are now banned.

I was glad to see that Fred caught these shillers for Precix. We have the true story of being taken by them. We ordered a $15,000 machine and paid the requested $10,800 deposit with the promise that we were going to get it within 6 weeks.

6 Weeks turned into 3 to 4 months which turned into more than a year, with many excuses in between. Ordered February 2013 and they are still giving us excuses. They refuse to refund the deposit.

This is the very short version of our story. We had done our due diligence and checked the company out with references. (Maybe they were all shillers too). If more people had of reported their experience and like Fred, exposed shillers for the company, we wouldn't have gotten scammed.

We would like to hear from anyone else that has had a similar experience. We are still hoping our story has a happy ending, with the delivery of our machine. But until it does, we want to tell our story as many times as necessary to help others.

player

What is the small claims court limit?

When someone takes money is it not stealing? Can you not get the police involved?

Biker Scout

Our long arm of the law doesn't apply to China. (not yet anyway... just give us some time, we are working on it)

Plus, they look like they are in Canada. Even wimpier legal system. Not nearly as litigious as ours! :ROFLMAO:
(sorry... had to go there! I'll buy you some poutine and a nice tall frothy Molson)

Biker Scout

Actually looks like they are Canadian company. Or at least have an office in Surrey B.C.

Why not drive over there with some pitch forks and demand your money or your router?

I'll bet you they are really just a glorified importer and got caught out, with either customs or not being able to procure the machines anymore from their original supplier. The machine probably cost them $10,500 just to get here, and they don't have anymore money to get it out of the port, or delivered.

Biker Scout

I just google mapped their address. And it's definitely a place you can go to. It's a standard looking industrial park. But I get the sneaking suspicion that they don't actually fabricate the machines there.

Precix Advanced Cutting Technologies
Unit 280 - 19358 96th Ave.
Surrey, B.C. V4N 4C1
Canada

Phone: 1-604-513-0400

TerryF, what's your business's name? I'd love to wage a war against them to help you get your machine!

TerryF

Checking others experience with the company Precix

We are gathering as much information as we can in order to pursue our options.

That is why we are looking for other people that this has happened to.

Thanks for all the responses.

Biker Scout

Next time you want an import router, just get one off of eBay. Then if you don't get it, let PayPal ruin their business. HAHA! :ROFLMAO:

At least the stuff on there has about a 99% delivery rate. Whether or not the stuff is any good, well that's for another discussion. But seeing how Precix tried shilling on this site, in a not very clever way. I'm guessing that's part and parcel of their business practices as well. Bad word of mouth will ruin them!

MikePro

searching around out of curiousity, CNC forum poster confirms that Precix is sold out of Canada & manufactured in Mexico.
it's funny how every forum thread where "Precix CNC" is brought into discussion ...a first-time poster appears and raves about the quality of "their machine".

I would definitely build my own machine before purchasing a Precix and, unless I hear that your stolen-deposit-fiasco is rightfully-resolved, will do all I can to keep others away from even considering their equipment as well.

Davidford7

About 10 years ago I was a independent stocking rep for Precix. I had 3 machines in my showroom in Florida. At that time the machine were made in Canada. They were really great machine and very high quality. I knew almost everyone there as I attended trade shows with all of them on regular bases. As a mater of fact I sold their very first 8'x10' laser and maybe their last one.
The company was run by a fellow named Dick and he had a silent partner. The support staff started leaving about the time I got out of the router business so I believe that may have been the beginning of the downward trend. Well it seems the silent partner moved Dick out and took over.
They have always had small issues but never to the extent the OP posted. Keep on them everyday. Talk to the owner don't give up.They may still come through.

TerryF

Update on our Precix order

Immediately following the post Precix was in touch with us. They are still giving us the "run a round". They would like us to take these posts down as it is hurting business, I suggested they add to these posts, with what they are going to do for us. Listening to their rhetoric is like watching a dog chase its tail. They still won't give us our money back and they wont give us a date when they can deliver a machine. Conversations with them include; staff is going to quit, lady cant buy food and he needs to give her money at Thanksgiving, issues with China, Russia, Mexico, Turkey and strikes. If I wasn't so tired and frustrated, I would find humor in his conversation dance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This thread was started and added to by the Precix shill. It isn't up to TerryF to have it taken down. Precix should be on here apologizing for deceitful sales tactics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Same here, I hope you get your money back and put it towards a reputable company.

I'm sure with all the many members here, you might be able to get in touch with these people or have someone go on your behalf. I would imagine, with supporting paperwork and the proper authorities showing up at their door one day, would bring back some positive feedback..... maybe even a refund check. I know they don't allow guns up there, but I'm sure there are other ways of dealing with deadbeats. I know of ways to make people limp a long time. You'd be surprised what some of these things will produce. :rolleyes:

Good luck and I pray for a happy outcome for you. :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread was started and added to by the Precix shill. It isn't up to TerryF to have it taken down. Precix should be on here apologizing for deceitful sales tactics.

Well, if they're banned, they can't very well do that, can they ??

artbot

back to the question at hand. limac makes the beefiest, quickest, high quality cnc for the dollar. i wouldn't be surprised if in a decade they are the "roland" or "mimaki" of the cnc/sign industry. if you are on a serious budget you might consider a used loaded shopbot and go pick it up locally with a trailer. one good thing about a used shopbot is you can beat it to death, then sell it in a month for $500 less than you paid for it. the aftermarket is great for them.

SignManiac

Thank goodness I found this thread and for the heads up. I was just about to order five new routers from them for our manufacturing facility. One of our purchasing agents doing the research thought that they had a good machine. Oh well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.