• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Router/Software Question

msskarina

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to decide which CNC Router/Software combination to purchase. I am looking at either the Multicam 5000 (with all the bells and whistles) with Multiview/Enroute software or the AXYZ (I believe it's model 3000) with the I-cut. I am basically going to be cutting signs produced on a digital printer through a Wasach Rip. They are not complicated, mostly rectangles, using 3 different thicknesses of aluminum, some polyethelyne, and some rigid vinyl. Any thoughs on which software/hardware might be better for this application (I am mostly concerned with the easy of use and compatibility between the Rip and either I-cut or Enroute. Thanks for your reply.

Michael

k.a.s.

I can not speak on your software question since I don't use either one. As far as the router goes I think both are good machines we looked at both and found them to be very comparable, I think price and how close the repair guy is would be my determining factor on which to buy. Not that you should need a repair guy very often but when you do it's nice if he is within a resonable distance. We ended up buying the Multi-Cam with Art-Cam software and I have been pretty happy with everything. My main complaint would be that the vacum hold down could be better, and maybe they have improved it since we bought ours. Good Luck and happy routing.

Kevin