Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNC Routing Max Metal

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by kalvix, Sep 25, 2019.

1. kalvix

kalvix Member

Apr 17, 2005
    washington dc
    So just upgraded our old Zund to a new MCT Router/Laser machine. It is awesome. But we have been working on some acrylic push through signs.

When cutting Max Metal to form a box, i have a 90 degree bit and would love to have some guidance on how deep to cut the vee-groove to make the box bend well?

Any tricks on routing 1/2 acrylic for the push through letters.

Tags:
  2. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    dibond and some of the other manufacturers have excellent guides for working with acm/acp, most house brands have slightly different skin thickness so you might have to make some samples. Also I believe there is a max metal HD with thicker aluminum that might help durability on bends.

3. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Trial and error. I would imagine you will need to go to the top of the bottom aluminum layer to get a good clean fold to where the edges match up well without gaps.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    +1 trial&error, but it doesn't take much to dial-in the depth needed to engrave through the first two layers of metal/plastic & leave the final layer of metal unscathed if not lightly scored.

5. printhog

printhog Member

Dec 15, 2010
    california