• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coffee Wrap!

MikePro

Been a while since I've posted to the portfolio board so I'll showoff a recent project that I figured was worth sharing.
Quick flip. Designed, fabricated, and installed in just under a week to help a client market their coffee brand. He owns a gyro shop that also makes coffee for the attached BP Gas station. Actual install was just under a day (did it solo) and most of the time spent was negociating design and "Colonel Sanders-ing" his father, the original owner, into the logo.
Not pictured are a few dozen bumper sticker labels I also printed to hand to the client since he didn't want the extra hour of my labor to apply decals to the gas pumps, lol. I made it easy for him and made everything out of cast Air Egress material.

Combine 3M IJ180Cv3, Oracal 3551RA, UltraMatte Overlaminate, Gatorfoam Board, Routed Lucabond, Routed/Welded .090 aluminum, some velcro, aircraft cable, and brushed aluminum paint and you get:

Attachments

• Picture 32.png
    Picture 32.png
    650.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 31.png
    Picture 31.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 30.png
    Picture 30.png
    696.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 29.png
    Picture 29.png
    562.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 28.png
    Picture 28.png
    588 KB · Views: 113

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good job - I really love the subject matter.

I just noticed the mugs with the 1/4 BP logo on them, I wonder how popular those are now.

wayne k
guam usa

signswi

Great job, really like the gaterfoam board pieces, haven't though of doing it that way before. We should talk some time, you're practically a neighbor.

One odd question, why are you using your media take up backwards? The print should always be rolled facing outwards. Easier to tape off too. :thumb:

MikePro

Thanks guys! Client just sent me a happy email about all the attention the new graphics are getting :)

One odd question, why are you using your media take up backwards? The print should always be rolled facing outwards. Easier to tape off too. :thumb:
easier for me to laminate short rolls when reverse-wound. Less dust and keeps me from getting my fingerprints all over the media.

signswi

easier for me to laminate short rolls when reverse-wound. Less dust and keeps me from getting my fingerprints all over the media.

And no problems outgassing? I'll have to ask my finisher if that technique would be useful at all to him.

MikePro

i may post in the tips and tricks, someday, about how there can be more to lamination than loading your media onto the bottom roller, laminate on top roller, web and go.

i use my laminator as a giant squeegee and treat my laminate like clear vinyl. Beyond that, the sky's the limit in terms of how you use it. Outgassing has nothing to do with which way the vinyl is rolled up... I run 16pass, slow speed, one-directional for most anything I laminate anyways. Plenty of time for the vinyl to dry on the printer, but i'll still usually wait a day to laminate just to be safe and feel better about my prints being protected from contamination when they're rolled printside-in.