Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coffee Wrap!

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by MikePro, Apr 21, 2011.

1. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Been a while since I've posted to the portfolio board so I'll showoff a recent project that I figured was worth sharing.
    Quick flip. Designed, fabricated, and installed in just under a week to help a client market their coffee brand. He owns a gyro shop that also makes coffee for the attached BP Gas station. Actual install was just under a day (did it solo) and most of the time spent was negociating design and "Colonel Sanders-ing" his father, the original owner, into the logo.
    Not pictured are a few dozen bumper sticker labels I also printed to hand to the client since he didn't want the extra hour of my labor to apply decals to the gas pumps, lol. I made it easy for him and made everything out of cast Air Egress material.

Combine 3M IJ180Cv3, Oracal 3551RA, UltraMatte Overlaminate, Gatorfoam Board, Routed Lucabond, Routed/Welded .090 aluminum, some velcro, aircraft cable, and brushed aluminum paint and you get:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    Very nice work!

3. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Solid batch of stuff, especially considering the timeframe. Musta been some long hours!

4. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    Looks great. Nicely themed!

5. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    :thumb:

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    excellent work

excellent work

7. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    heck yeah worth sharing!!!
    looks great on the table... but all set up it's stellar!

8. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Good job - I really love the subject matter.

I just noticed the mugs with the 1/4 BP logo on them, I wonder how popular those are now.

wayne k
    guam usa

9. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Bravo!

10. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Turned out swell.
    Now I want some coffee dammit.
    Love.....Jill

11. surf city

surf city Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Toms River, NJ
    Everything really pulls together really, really well !! Very nice !!

12. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Great job, really like the gaterfoam board pieces, haven't though of doing it that way before. We should talk some time, you're practically a neighbor.

One odd question, why are you using your media take up backwards? The print should always be rolled facing outwards. Easier to tape off too. :thumb:

13. vid

vid Very Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    California
    Great design, execution and installation... It looks like Gus could go pro and pick-up a few other locations with that design package.

...and, I love the verb :ROFLMAO:

14. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Thanks guys! Client just sent me a happy email about all the attention the new graphics are getting :)

easier for me to laminate short rolls when reverse-wound. Less dust and keeps me from getting my fingerprints all over the media.

15. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Nice, indeed from start to finish.

16. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    GREAT job

17. laserman70

laserman70 Very Active Member

Dec 25, 2007
    usa
    Great job, very professional and clean

18. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    And no problems outgassing? I'll have to ask my finisher if that technique would be useful at all to him.

19. MikePro

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    i may post in the tips and tricks, someday, about how there can be more to lamination than loading your media onto the bottom roller, laminate on top roller, web and go.

i use my laminator as a giant squeegee and treat my laminate like clear vinyl. Beyond that, the sky's the limit in terms of how you use it. Outgassing has nothing to do with which way the vinyl is rolled up... I run 16pass, slow speed, one-directional for most anything I laminate anyways. Plenty of time for the vinyl to dry on the printer, but i'll still usually wait a day to laminate just to be safe and feel better about my prints being protected from contamination when they're rolled printside-in.

20. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Nice look just seems a little more into detail would be better but still looks good.