• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Coke is it!" Font

splizaat

Hey all!
Does anyone know this "Coke is it!" font? Is it a font? Bonus points if you have the vector for this already.....

I'm working on a personal fun project this time and there's not much info on the coca cola old-school race car stuff.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.30.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 5.30.59 PM.png
    570.5 KB · Views: 277

splizaat

Times Bold with some kerning and stretching. Seems the "Coke is it!" font changed numerous times through the years. I don't know if it ever used the same font...

karst41

Coke uses standard Post Script fonts.(typically Adobe post script)

Garamond or Garamond Pro

Georgia will give you a good start too.
easy to convert to paths and edit where needed.

Cheers

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
That's not any kind of Garamond.

Times (not Times New Roman) is the nearest match. Major corporations often commission their own customized typefaces. Chances are likely the typeface in the "Coke is it" sample image was made from a customized version of Times. The "Coke is it" slogan is from the early 1980's and pre-dates the first Postscript and TrueType fonts.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not on "Brands of the World", sometimes these types of things are on there for future reference

Johnny Best

Times has been around for some time as Bobby mentioned and since it is the 80s I would say Times would get you the closest. Or NEWS706 BT if you are so inclined. Nobody will care one way or the other.