• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cold Weather...Ink Issues

morty87

I have my printer setup in my garage (uninsulated) and it has been unusually cold here last week. The machine has been on, but not doing any printing last week. Now when i am running it my inks are almost non existant when i do a nozzle check. I have cleaned it a few times normal and just a long clean an still looks terrible. Have I screwed my heads up with it being so cold, or is there other possible issues. No black ink is on the sides of the paper. ugh.

Attachments

• nozzle check.jpg
    nozzle check.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 190
  • nozzle check2.jpg
    nozzle check2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 193

FrankW

Very low temperatures are a problem for inkjet printers. But most of the time, when not printing for a longer period, and after that no cleaning take effect, it is mostly a capping worn out. Your Nozzle Check looks like that you use a Mutoh? How old is your maintenance station?

morty87

Very low temperatures are a problem for inkjet printers. But most of the time, when not printing for a longer period, and after that no cleaning take effect, it is mostly a capping worn out. Your Nozzle Check looks like that you use a Mutoh? How old is your maintenance station?

I was told it was new in April 2018. Not sure what the lifespan for it should be.

Joe House

If you find a brochure for your printer, you should find a couple of temperature/humidity ranges - one for printing and one for non-printing storage. Cold weather will thicken the ink up - much like motor oil - and can cause ink flow issues. This should clear up once you get the printer back into the operational temperature range.

morty87

Thanks everyone the printer is back to working better. The cold must of just messed things up temporarily. Lesson learned! Gonna get it indoors 1 way or another. Thank you everyone for your help