• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cold weather installation

Berferful

Hi all,

We are a digital printing company thrust into the sign business with our
Roland. I would like some tips on applying laminated vinyl graphics to an outside
storefront window. I'm out of luck here in New England for 50 degrees and above for awhile. Can vinyl graphics be applied in the 30 to 40 degree outside temp range? Any and all advice appreciated. Can calendered, removeable vinyl be used? This would be "coming soon" type info and the customer wants to remove decals without residue in the spring.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If they're coming off soon, use the most economical vinyl you want. It won't matter for a few months. Just don't use a wet method or any heat to remove the application tape.

If need be, come back the next day to take the tape off or have your customer take it off.

SIGNTIME

we apply as normal remove the transfer tape then heat the vinyl with a torch until it is warm, if its windy heat from the inside

SIGNTIME

and if is on glass then use cheap vinyl and dont worry about the residue being left behind as you can use a razor blade to remove and a citrus based cleaner if needed