• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

COLEX or ESKO

Maggie Reaves

magnolianbeef
The tool used for measuring the Z level on the Colex is literally the only reason I would say stay away. It's the dumbest design ever. And the software actually really does suck.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
Curious why you ruled out Zund. We looked at Esko and Zund, and after visitng Zund and seeing the machines in person it was easy. We absolutely love how simple it is to use and it's dead nuts consistent every time.

Curious why you ruled out Zund. We looked at Esko and Zund, and after visitng Zund and seeing the machines in person it was easy. We absolutely love how simple it is to use and it's dead nuts consistent every time.

Hello, I spoke to canon rep and I told him our budget and off the bat he said it would not work with Zund. So we went with Esko/Kongsberg.

Hello All,

Just to give every body an update, we now received the Esko and just finished the training, we are currently in growing pains where we think we can cut faster manually (as we are still slow and driving the i-cut software) but i believe this is something we will overcome soon.

We are mostly cutting PVC, Foamcore and Styrene for now as we are just entering the milling market for cut out letter signs. We are very optimistic that both new investments (UV Flatbed and Esko) will give us significant growth, speed and capacity over the coming years.

For those running CNC, is there a good bit 3rd party supplier or should i just stick with Esko? Let me know of your recommendations.
ThankS!

Bly

Sorry but this is why Zund is worth the extra money.
They are dead easy to use. Throw the job on the table, scan the barcode and the machine does it's thing.

CL Visual

Got a colex few months back. Extrememly happy with company and support. I have a friend that got an esko recently and he's very pleased. As far as dust collector, the shopvac works perfect and much more compact. I did get the 5hp router just for the hell of it. I would also get the tool change option. I didn't plan on doing much changing tools but I am now adding the tool changer.