• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

College guy and his decal business

decals

Hello everyone!

I'm Steve, I'm 22 and hail from Portsmouth, Ohio. I got into vinyl a few years ago, mainly making decals for car-clubs and lettering/store-hours for local businesses. After a much too long hiatus, I'm back. Hopefully, I'll be able to pay for books with my little business as I'm going to college to become a Civil Engineer.

I love pinstriping. I'm getting ready to get some brushes and learn the trade. So far, my pinstriping designs are only on paper, but so far its a pretty good way to learn a steady hand techniques. I feel drawn to learn the old ways of signmaking as well because its part of our history and a dying art due to the digital age. Its still a treat to find hand-painted lettering when I'm out in the field.

I guess that just about covers everything. My cutter is a Roland STX-8 (12") vinyl cutter with a maximum cutting width of 9.8 inches. Since 99% of my graphics are currently less than 8" wide, it gets the job done.

-Steve

tranzaction

Howdy ...

A bid "howdy" from Chillicothe, Ohio. I'm new to the decal business, just purchased a 24" Graphtec. Do you go to Rio Grande or OUC ?