• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color cast in Gerber Edge CMYK print

Lindsay

I have a black scanned image in Flexisign that I'm trying to print as a black spot rather than CMYK.
What would be the best way to do this.

If that's not possible how can I reduce the cyan color cast the the printed image has with CMYK. Reducing the cyan just makes it more magenta.

Trying to end up with a print that looks greyscale.

GB2

Old Member
I'm not sure how you would actually do it in Flexi, as I've never used that but you have the right idea, you simply have to change from a process print job to a spot color print job using the spot color black. In Gerber Omega it's as simple as that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There is a procedure in Flexi to map your spot colors so they can be used. I have never done it but it is there and should be explained in your help file. Once mapped you can then assign spot black to your image eliminating the need for four color process.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Do you have the output color mode set at Grayscale or CMYK?

Note: If you don't want a color to print you can simply uncheck the box in your P. Mgrs. driver options. If you uncheck the CMY boxes it will then only print with the K foil.

Lindsay

There is a procedure in Flexi to map your spot colors so they can be used. I have never done it but it is there and should be explained in your help file. Once mapped you can then assign spot black to your image eliminating the need for four color process.

Thanks Fred. I did see mapping as I was going through the various options.

Don't know how it works but have to look in to it a bit further.

Lindsay

Do you have the output color mode set at Grayscale or CMYK?

Note: If you don't want a color to print you can simply uncheck the box in your P. Mgrs. driver options. If you uncheck the CMY boxes it will then only print with the K foil.

The image is greyscale but no I haven't tried changing the output color mode.

If I simply turn off CMY all it's going to print out is the black bits. Not print out the CMYK bits in black.

Thanks for the response Mike.

This image is only small for a inside use menu board. Bit of a rush job.

What I've done is print this on the desktop inkjet on photo paper and laminated. Looks great. I still want to solve this in my spare time for future use though.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
The image is greyscale but no I haven't tried changing the output color mode.

If I simply turn off CMY all it's going to print out is the black bits. Not print out the CMYK bits in black.

If your image is in Grayscale and you have Grayscale set for the color mode it will only show the K foil in your driver options.

If your image is in Grayscale and you have CMYK set for the color mode it will show all the CMYK foils in your driver options. You must uncheck the CMY and it will print the Grayscale image with the K foil.

Lindsay

If your image is in Grayscale and you have Grayscale set for the color mode it will only show the K foil in your driver options.

If your image is in Grayscale and you have CMYK set for the color mode it will show all the CMYK foils in your driver options. You must uncheck the CMY and it will print the Grayscale image with the K foil.

How right you were. Many thanks for that advice

Turned out fantastic!!

Setting the color mode to Greyscale made all the difference.

Thanks again Mike.