• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color changes when opening file.

IsItFasst

This is really odd. Customer sends me .ai file of a yellow heart. The file is just a transparent bitmap within the file. So I unmask, add cut line and save the file. Later when my employee printed the file the yellow turned to light cyan. Luckily I seen and noticed the color issue. I found this odd but what is even more odd is when you preview it before opening the file the heart shows it will be yellow. Then you open and you get the cyan. My only workaround I found was to import the original file and print. This is fine but if we ever reprint we will have to go through this odd process again (I added a note about it). Anyone ever seen this?

Attachments

• clinthall01cyan.jpg
    clinthall01cyan.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 174
  • clinthall01.jpg
    clinthall01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 139

IsItFasst

I should note that restarting Flexi didn't help. I even opened the file in Illustrator, saved as a PDF and it was still changing colors after saving to FS file.

shoresigns

Nope, never seen this particular problem before. If you want help solving it, post your files for us to look at.

IsItFasst

Check out this file I converted to pdf. It opens fine and saves fine. Even previews fine but when I open it, it changes colors. Just FYI I'm using Flexi 12 sp3 p4 Build 113723

Attachments

• 2020-02-05_candy_heart.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 161

IsItFasst

That is the file. It changes colors once you save it as an FS file and then reopen it. The original post shows the file pre-saved and post-saved as .FS.

jwlllpl

Not sure whats up with this file. It is not Flexi issue thou because it opens correctly and exports too just does not save correctly. Illustrator and Corel both turn blue unless exported too. I was able to open and save Flexi using a png file exported from Corel with no color change. Included it for you.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 124

shoresigns

That is the file. It changes colors once you save it as an FS file and then reopen it. The original post shows the file pre-saved and post-saved as .FS.
I asked to see the original untouched file from your client, and the file with the added cut lines that you printed from. Those are the two files you mentioned in your original post, and they are the files most relevant to the problem.

IsItFasst

I asked to see the original untouched file from your client, and the file with the added cut lines that you printed from. Those are the two files you mentioned in your original post, and they are the files most relevant to the problem.
The reason I uploaded that pdf version is I can't upload the original .ai file nor a .fs file here. But all cause the same issue so not sure how the file extension matters. It is when saving to FS (or apparently other formats) that causes the issue.

WildWestDesigns

The reason I uploaded that pdf version is I can't upload the original .ai file nor a .fs file here. But all cause the same issue so not sure how the file extension matters. It is when saving to FS (or apparently other formats) that causes the issue.

Zip up the ai file and upload or zip up all relevant files.