Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color changing vinyl for channel letter

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by FASTSIGNS, Apr 18, 2019.

1. FASTSIGNS

FASTSIGNS Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Morning all! Question - is there such an animal....Customer looking for a channel letter that is blue/green in daytime and illuminates white at night? Thoughts? Ideas? TIA!

Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    I think you use perf for this application. Print whatever color you like on perforated vinyl, and that is the color you see during the day. At night the light going through the holes will be what is visible.

3. Chriswagner92

Chriswagner92 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    nc
    3m has a blue perforated film i believe

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You could also use an opaque blue green face and have a large white halo at night.

5. KMC

KMC Graphic Artist

Feb 12, 2018
    Alberta
    printed day night vinyl

Attached Files:

6. FASTSIGNS

FASTSIGNS Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Thanks all! Was hoping to avoid the perferated vinyl route. Love the Dulite - but that is an acrylic and not the right color blue - looks great for black and white. Landlord won't go for the halo. Going with 3M 3625 210 dual blockout film series. Again, thanks, I appreciate the people on this forum!