• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color changing

ccuddey

i have a roland vs 640i printer i bought brand new.

my current software setup is as follows.

Windows 7 64 bit
adobe illustrator cc
flexi 12
and versawroks

i use eps and pdf files for exporting

i like flexi's ability to setup up cut paths, print and cut as well as the ability to cut just a single color. i really only like versa works for print only jobs and i prefer designing in illustrator.

the issue i have is when i export from adobe illustrator into flexi the colors change drastically especially in gradients. i would prefer to be able to do all my printing and cutting inside of flexi but this problem prevents me from doing that. when i export the file from flexi into versa works the color stays what flexi translated from illustrator. But if i load direct from illustrator into versa works the color is correct and prints great.

Any help would be appreciated.

Correct Color

Most likely your issue is that Flexi is about the only program out there that uses Adobe1998 as its default incoming RGB.

Changing it to sRGB, or changing your working RGB in Illustrator to Adobe1998 should solve the issue.

ccuddey

thanks

Thank you. I'm home today with my daughter that got the flu. If I get a chance to get to the shop today to test that out i will. Hopefully that helps. I really like flexi's ease of use when it comes to either simple cut files or full print and cut files. Having to set up all the cut paths in illustrator is a task and most of the time versa works wont read a lot of the cut lines due to transparencys. So if i flatten the image and expand the appearance it takes gradients and turns them into 1000 point vectors and its a computer drainer after that. So i hope thats the trick for sure. I greatly appreciate it.

ccuddey

I finally got back into the shop and checked flexi settings. It was set for srgb so I'm not exactly for sure why the colors are coming in completely different then if I put them directly in versaworks.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
No matter how you have Flexi color settings set up, you should utilize the Soft Proof tool to view the file in its color corrected state. Click View>Color>Soft Proof....toggle back and forth and you will see the difference.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Export the image as a full size RGB jpg and bring it directly into Production Manager. Production Manager can deal with getting the RGB image into CMYK orders of magnitude better than anything else you have. In production manager set the rendering intent for bitmaps to 'Perceptual' and print the thing. All things being equal, this is about as close to what you see is what you get as it's going to get.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
This is the issue I've had with Flexi for years... :banghead: I've seen posts about how to work around the problem, but it amazes me that this is such a glaring issue with Flexi and I see several separate posts today about similar issues. Its the reason I do everything color related in Illustrator but I'll still do some vector manipulation, step & repeat and drawings with dimensions in Flexi.