• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Chip Chart?

thesignpad

What are other Mimaki users using for a color chip chart? IE I have an official "pantone" book that I use with customers all the time who are picky about color. It shows the pantone color with a 4process equivalent.

I am used to Versaworks where you can print off a "spot color" chart for each media and then input that value in Illustrator. Is there anything like that for the Mimaki? Rasterlink doesn't seem to have anylink like that built in (which is what I am using). Does anyone have any good third party color chip charts with CMYK values?

Thanks!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We use both a Pantone book plus I keep charts I print out. I've attached the one I use. I break it into multiple pages that are about 13" wide each. It will make up 15 pages of colors. This can be compared to an actual Pantone Coated book - this way you can match what your printer actually prints for a specific Pantone to what it should be and adjust as needed.

Attachments

• PANTONE Coated.pdf
    922.9 KB · Views: 177

Arcdru

What version of RLP are you using?
RLP5 has a colour chart creation tool. It is really powerful and can be used to create swatches to be use in Illustrator.

J Hill Designs

I also just print out the above pantone chart on various media / profiles / etc and reference it when designing

in the paraphrased words of bob the great...what you get is what you get

tsgstl

I print out a full Pantone chart on each media I use (or would need it for) about 2'x3'. It leaves the squares about 1/2" x 1/2"
It can easily be rolled ez and transported.
I match 12 or so colors (there's the Pantone # next to each color)
Then I go in that file and print just those squares bigger for a final match.
It sounds like a longer process than it really is and I would NEVER trust a profile to print what it is suppose to be or what it looks like on screen.
Just search Pantone chart PDF

tsgstl

Look 5 posts up.... no need to search for one.

You are correct sir. That is actually better than the one I use. Less white space. I was on my phone when I read that and could not access the file. I assumed it was more of a book form. Thanks for the link I am printing that file as we speak.

CS-SignSupply-TT

To save heartache and headache, print the charts on the 3-5 media you most often use. When a customer asks for a color match, have them take their color and match it to the appropriate chart. That way the customer IS approving the color match.