• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Contamination

Bradster941

So, I have some cross contamination of black into blue and need to print a bunch of blue to clear it.

Problem is, I have a Falcon Outdoor 48” 6 color. Cyan and Light Cyan.

Question is, is there a pantone number to print just the Cyan and, separately, the light Cyan? Or some other way to force these inks through the head on a print?

Tried the syringe method, didn’t work, so would like to print blocks of cyan and lt. cyan.

If it matters, I’m using Flexi 8.1 for my rip.

Mucho tks .

Bradster.

Flame

Time for a new capping station or heads... or just the little ink lines. Most likely just the lines.

D

DARLAK

make a spot color, then assign it LT cyan, and same with cyan....

grafixhenk

We have had the same problem, our capping station's sponges swelled up and ink was bleeding back in to the other dampers.

R08

We have had the same problem, our capping station's sponges swelled up and ink was bleeding back in to the other dampers.

Same here,

When the sponge swell the head will touch and bleed into the other colors
if you can reach your hand in there you can damp it with a clean cloth.

3dsignco

When my dampers were shot the ink would stop printing after a few inches .
I've had the things apart and can't see how these dampers can do what you are saying.

What I was told about the Dampeners is they also work as a valve that keeps a positive pressure, so when they start going it is opening allow ink to be sucked back through the adjoining head. Its a twofold thing as when its going out it will also starve your printhead of the ink thus burning it out.

Sorry about the way the post sounded like it was the end all to the question. It is just one of many causes. Being 4 hours away from any type of repair service has forced me, for better or for worse to learn more then I really wanted to know about repairing large formats.

Mikeifg

Had the same problem. I took out my 1st layer on the capping station because it swelled up so much. Then you will need to do an ink fill on your color to wash it out of the damper. Sign Warehouse Tech support can run you thru this. Been running fine since. I have the same machine.

Mike

randya

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

This is a vacuum based system for the pumps. If the vacuum does not get broken a low ink cartridge may pull ink from a higher ink cartidge and lead to cross contamination.

Something similar can occur when the cap pad swells up and makes contact with the bottom of the head.

There are a couple of situations where color cross-contamination can occur.

Plugged ink drain lines OR
Swelling of pads in the capping station.
In combination with uneven ink levels in the cartridges.

The most common one that I am aware of is swelling of the pads in the cap itself.

There are two layers of pad in the Falcon series printers.
The top layer can be carefully removed to buy time before the cap itself need replacement.

R08

Sorry about the way the post sounded like it was the end all to the question. It is just one of many causes. Being 4 hours away from any type of repair service has forced me, for better or for worse to learn more then I really wanted to know about repairing large formats.

No problem... could very well be what you say. I just can't see it is all. I'm like you except I'm 6 hours away.

R08

This is unorthodox but if I have cross contamination on my falcon outdoor and it is only one color, I hold a clean absorbing cotton cloth under the head just where that color is and wick out the extra ink. Works for me.