• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Dropping out Dillemma

hickeyink

So I have a Roland SC-540. its about 5-6 years old. The black Keeps dropping out. Its not the head, because i have switched the black to the magenta, then back to the cyan etc - the cyan and magenta work fine on that same head. But the black, it prints ok for a few inches then drops out and just prints lines and the head blocks, but its not actually blocked, I push cleaner through the head and all jets fire fine. So I have changed dampers, several times, switched heads, I have flushed the tubes with cleaner, pushed in the cartridges to a tighter fit, if thats possible. Still keeps happening, has this happened to anyone else? Im pulling my hair out trying to fix it, Ive bought some new cartridges (dont have them yet) hopefully that helps, but i just switched them up for some that i already had that and still doing it. ANY Suggestions please, In desperate need of help! Wasting too much time and money trying to fix this pain of a problem.

artbot

does the black fail when swapped to the cyan or magenta position? you may be swapping lines but putting properly balanced/primed lines to that black manifold. you'll need to see the black fail elsewhere to isolate "above the capping station". also, do you have an alternative black cart'? ...and when you flushed the line did you backwards flush it (towards the cart)?

hickeyink

does the black fail when swapped to the cyan or magenta position? All heads work fine on magenta, cyan and yellow - its only on the black ink that they fail. you may be swapping lines but putting properly balanced/primed lines to that black manifold. you'll need to see the black fail elsewhere to isolate "above the capping station". also, do you have an alternative black cart'? i had some that had been used before i tried them but still happening ...and when you flushed the line did you backwards flush it (towards the cart)? no I didnt - dont know how actually...

I have just put the cyan lines onto the head in the black position and vice versa - Cyan printing fine - so its definitely something with the lines/cartridges - How can I isolate it - what can i do? - its driving me nuts, nuts!

DougWestwood

Hey There,

I have a Mimaki, not a Roland, but is the head sitting firmly and centered in the capping station? We had that problem, and it was only off a centimeter or so, but it killed the head on the end.

Also, is the ink you're using actually full? I had a couple of inks that were reading full, when they were actually empty. Have had the reverse as well. Could explain air getting in the ink lines.

Different machines, I know, but hopefully helps!
- Doug Fastsigns Vancouver