• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color head notsealing properly

carruthb

Alright, so I have the outdoor jr 38. I put in a new capping station and got it all together and installed. My color head is not sealing or priming when I do a cleaning. The black seals and pulls cleaning solution through just fine.

Ive checked all the hoses and drains with a syringe and theres no clogs.

The weird thing is that when I push the carriage all the way left and on the capping station were the two little hoses come to a little square that run up underneath the caps on the capping station makes contact with these two springs. If i Push the carriage and station up against those springs and compress them against those two hoses I get a great seal on the color and i can syringe fluid through. But if i let go of the carriage those two springs pushes everything back the capping station and carriage back about a quarter inch and the seal breaks and I start drawing air again.

I posted an image to help me explain this. IMG_5889.JPG

Ive reset the home position and it set itself. So is it supposed to be pushed up against those springs all the way when it needs to be cleaning? It doesn't seem its supposed to be over that far all the time? how do i get it to stay over there so I can keep the great seal and do cleanings? or is there a spring adjustment or anything?

Attachments

• IMG_5889.JPG
    IMG_5889.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 105