• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Help

4R Graphics

Ok I designed a wrap in photoshop in cmyk 8 bit mode when I save it as a tiff when I open it with the default office document viewer the blues look purple but if I open it in windows picture and fax viewer it looks just like in photoshop? Ok I saved it as a pdf as well and when I open those the colors look like they should am I loosing it what do I need to do to make sure that what I see on the screen in photoshop will be EXACTLLY what is printed ( I understand theres highend and lowend printers as well as 4 and 6 color and RGB monitor )but I just want a general safe setting so that I can say no matter what I print this with it will look like this or better and the blues will be blue not purple. This really has me bothered as I am sending the files to a wholesaler to print as I dont have a printer yet and would really hate to get the wrap prints for my van back and all the blue be a purple color. Can I print it out on my little hp desktop printer and check the colors do those things use CMYK?

_SAi_

There are too many variables to list that will effect the output of your file... printer inks, profiles, monitors, video cards, etc.

Just be sure to specify Pantone numbers for your colours and the printers should match em.

WRAPS

was having trouble with tiffs also

what i found was when saving in ps you save, uncheck the layers option,making you save as a copy.then in the compression dialogue choose none.
when i save like this that crazy hue/tint is gone.
hope this helps you.

4R Graphics

When I saved the files as a tiff or as a pdf the colors on the screen when I open them are what I want. Except when I open them in one pic program the colors are jacked up. The question is if I save the file as a pdf and then open it will it print what I am seeing. I ask because I was designing in cmyk 8 bit mode and I didnt see any limit to colors so I am wondering if it will print right. I spoke with the printer about large file sizes once and they had me send them the file in Jpeg format and the blue was darker than what I wanted but I did design that one in RGB format.

How do you know what colors you can actually print when designing in photoshop in cmyk mode? Also whats the big difference between 8 bit and 16 bit mode? I assume its the number of colors available but I didnt seem to have any problems selecting colors I wanted in the 8 bit mode.

What do most use when designing a print job cmyk or rgb and what mode?

Tovis

I believe that Windows default viewer reads in so it may be confused when it opens a CMYK file. I have better luck printing with file's with an embedded sRGB ICC profile. Do you have good luck printing in CMYK? Why are you using Windows Picture if you have photoshop?