• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color in Photoshop Help!

PatrickW

I use Flexi 10 and Photoshop CS5. I export from Flexi to eps, open in Photoshop and apply layered effects, save as a PS file, import into Flexi, add contour cuts and send to VersaWorks to print from my VersaCamm. My problem is my colors get messed up, particularly yellow which gets a green tint I can't get out. I have tried using CMYK in Flexi and opening as CMYK in PS, as well as RGB in both applications. The best results I got were with CMYK in Flexi opening as RGB in PS, but it still has a green tint. I know that might seem weird as I have understood you need to keep your color the same mode. Saving with or without a profile in PS seems to make no difference. I realize I am using 3 applications, but I don't like printing from Flexi because it uses so much ink. What is the best way to cross applications and get predictable color? Where do I start?

signswi

Why go back into Flexi? Why not Illustrator? Are you maintaining the same color space throughout? Is this is in areas which have transparency?

PatrickW

I don't have Illustrator. I have tried maintaining the same color mode, as I said above. If I try RGB throughout, my yellow is green tinted, even if I start with 255-255-0 in Flexi, and open eps as RGB in PS. Same with CMYK, though not as bad. Yes, the files would have transparent backgrounds as I am starting with vectors.

yukon

Instead of saving as a psd after working in PS, have you tried saving as a jpeg or a tiff? Flexi 10 is supposed to be able to open transparent tiffs properly now.

Yukon

yukon

Also, I am using the same, PS CS5 and Flexi 10. I don't know if this is related but I'm having issues with Flexi 10 color matching even when PS is not in the mix. It is not printing any spot colors correctly. But if I print the same file in Flexi 8.6 it's perfect.
Do you have a previous Flexi version you could test on?

PatrickW

Adobe 1998 is my working space for RGB in PS. Yukon, I haven't tried saving as a tiff. Hadn't thought of that - so easy to open PS in Flexi. I do have Flexi 7.6 and Flexi 8.6. Do you print from Flexi or go thru another RIP?

yukon

I print from Versaworks. I won't print directly from Flexi for the same reason you don't - Too much Ink!

Yukon