• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color issues with my SP-300

Jim Hill

I am using CorelDraw X-5 and when I create vectors I have only been using RGB colors and I send them to my Roland SP-300 in a post script.

The material I print on is Oracal 3640-G if that maters.

My problem is I am not happy the the red colors in RGB

The other colors are fine but for some reason the red all seem dull and almost faded looking. The reds just don't seem bright and sharp looking.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Should I be just using CMYK colors?

What happens if I use all RGB colors except for the red color which would be CMYK color?

I would like to hear from others who are also using a Roland Verscamm to print with and what colors they are using.

Thank Jim

I believe that most of the Roland users are using the Roland Color System for solid color reproduction. It requires that you run the Roland RIP (Versaworks) to drive your printer (unless other RIP developers are supporting RCS of late).

It bypasses the ICC-based workflow, and converts to CMYK directly from the named Roland Color. You'll need to install the color palette into CorelDRAW to use it however. The color palettes for Corel and Illustrator ship with Versaworks, and Flexi has a color palette for RVW as well.

Jim Hill

Color Rip software

My SP-300 came with Color Rip and that's all I have ever used and it has worked perfectly for years.

Jim

Jim Hill

Suncity Signs:

Are you sending your images and artwork to the printer in cymk colors or rgb colors?

Also which ICC profile and media are you using?

Thanks Jim

jhd

I had a SP-300 with color-rip and I also used corel.
I also had issues with colors and couldn't quite nail them down.

Its not the best way around it, but I actually printed a PMS color chart on each media that I used and used that as a guide. This becomes a nightmare if you do not keep good notes, but it works.

I have a SP-540i now with versaworks and the roland color library - this makes my life easy. I'm not sure how much it would cost to upgrade to Versaworks, but it is definitely worth it in my mind.