Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color Management Settings: Illustrator/Photoshop

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Mooring, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Mooring

Mooring New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Hello Signs 101!

Something has happened to our color management settings for Illustrator and Photoshop and our prints are coming out quite unseemly. I loaded back our old settings and the situation hasn't changed.

We've narrowed it down our problems and believe it's our color management settings.

I've been trying out and I've hit and missed with getting better output colors, especially the grays (and we've been having a lot of trouble with them).

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post or link their color management/color settings for Illustrator and Photoshop.

Thank you!

Tags:
  2. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    If you are not using custom (home made) profiles for your machine the setup I have seen most and always use is Adobe SRGB 1998 and U.S. Web Coated SWOPv2. I always have my document color mode in CMYK, but being in digital print I have ran into people choose to use RGB and let their RIP sort it out.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012