• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Management Settings: Illustrator/Photoshop

Mooring

Hello Signs 101!

Something has happened to our color management settings for Illustrator and Photoshop and our prints are coming out quite unseemly. I loaded back our old settings and the situation hasn't changed.

We've narrowed it down our problems and believe it's our color management settings.

I've been trying out and I've hit and missed with getting better output colors, especially the grays (and we've been having a lot of trouble with them).

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post or link their color management/color settings for Illustrator and Photoshop.

Thank you!

C

ColoPrinthead

If you are not using custom (home made) profiles for your machine the setup I have seen most and always use is Adobe SRGB 1998 and U.S. Web Coated SWOPv2. I always have my document color mode in CMYK, but being in digital print I have ran into people choose to use RGB and let their RIP sort it out.

Last edited by a moderator: