• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Management Software

Ditchmiester

Just getting into Digital printing. I would like to be able to match specific PMS colors when printing on an HP L26500. What software or equipment is going to give me the best results. I will be printing from Onyx 10.2.

Bly

I use the Onyx profiling app.
It's great although we're generally not too anal about pantone matching.

dypinc

Look for a RIP where you can use your spectrophotometer to directly read LAB values from a pantone book. And for that matter any color whether it be a paint chip etc.

From personal experience, ColorGate and Fiery XF RIPS can do this. I am sure someone running ONYX can tell us if it has that capability.

Onyx Postershop (and higher versions) have this functionality. It also has Pantone lookup tables integrated into the RIP (again Postershop and higher).

Bly

Yes Onyx has Pantone tables and you can also measure and store your own custom spot colours.

Ditchmiester

Okay, Do I need anything to read the colors coming off of the printer? something like a spectrophotometer? If so what is a good brand to purchase?