• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Match From Corel/ Illustrator to Onyx - Colors Opening Darker

GC Decor

Super Printer
Hey Guys,

We are running into a issue with Onyx and Our Canon Colorado Printer. We are making solid colors in Corel & Illustrator but when we open them in Onyx they are coming out a bit dark than they looked in Corel.
Tried Corel & Illustrator and both gave me the same darker red than needed - Any suggestions on how to correct this ?? II think its just a setting but haven't been able to narrow it down.
Any recommendation would be helpful.

I attached an image with an example - Left Side is Onyx & Right two are Ill & Corel - Illustrator & corel both show the color the same but Onyx changes the color once it rips it.

Attachments

• cccolor.jpg
    cccolor.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:

GC Decor

Super Printer
Screen shot is a little hard to see the difference.
Corel & Illustrator values
C 20
M 100
Y 100
K 14

Once Opened in Onyx Job Editor They are now
C 11.4
M 99.2
Y 89.4
K 34.9

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are they actually printing darker? I never trust how colors look on screen between computers and design/RIP software.

Those Onyx values, are they the output values? This would be dictated by your profile and I believe this would generally be different that your input values.

With that being said, unless you're using a spot color, how do you know what your color is supposed to look like?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Yes the prints are coming out dark than what they look like on Screen & Onyx is making adjustments to the colors.
Not sure if there is a way to tell Onyx to leave colors as is.
We are trying to match a Customers Color from our Flatbed prints but when we do prints on our Colorado colors are different.
Gonna try to go the Spot color Route next

GC Decor

Super Printer
Got it - Setting up Pantone Spot Colors & Adjusting the Color Management in my Quick Set to "Light Images". This Left my Color Values to Match Between Corel, Illustrator and Onyx.
Thank you guys for the Help - back to Printing :)