• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Match Rush Job

John in Cali

I have a rush job that I need to color match. I am running Flexi 8.6 v.2, a Mutoh 1614 on 3mIJ35-20. I need to match Arlon 01 Red. All attempts to adjust have failed. I'm in a tight spot, and any help would be appreciated.

HaroldDesign

How are you going about it? I create 3" box swatches in Illy and color one pms and one cmyk break of the color. Then make moves after seeing the output. Usually I hit the color with one of four new boxes with different breaks after seeing the initial output.

J Hill Designs

me: any perfect color match for a rush job has a $250 fee as I have to stop all production to dial in that color.

customer: ok, just get close then.

:thumb:

John in Cali

Thanks for the quick responses. Finally resolved itself...accidently used an Oracal profile, and it was close enough.
I would like to further this discussion, but I am still in throes of the rush.
Curious if anyone else has problems using IJ35? Some colors like burgundy will not print correctly.