• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

COLOR MATCHING HELP!!! cj-500 converted to sc-500

nhaver13

COLOR MATCHING HELP!!!!!! Recently purchased a cj500 converted to sc500. Replaced heads, pump, dampers, just about everything that need to be. Having trouble getting colors to print correctly. Colors are pretty close but I'm trying to print red and its too magenta. Also all prints seem to have random areas with a yellow sheen over it. Is that something I can fix with ink limits? Printing with Production Manager and designing in adobe. I have no ICC profiles for it. Just using CJ-500 option in production manager. I am also having to print over twice so the color is deep enough and looks less grainy.

Also, i am printing on 3m wrap material and it is a little grainy. I'm thinking the heater would help lessen the grain but I am not using the heater because every time i have tried to use it, the material warps and then smudges the print. any advice on the heater settings? I have turned it down to 36 and it still warps.

Any advice would be great.

nhaver13

No i haven't. This is my first wide format printer so I'm completely new to this. I am pretty techy so i catch on easily and have done a lot of reading. From what I've read i would have to print out color swatches and get them scanned??? is that correct?

ProPDF

You need a X-rite I1 device and use a RIP like Flexi 12. Print out ink limits and charts to build your own profile and you will be good to go. Expect spending a few days and a fair amount of vinyl on this as that printer is slow and to measure ink charts they will need time to dry. You can also call Dave at solventprinterconversion and ask for some profiles. He may not have Flexi 12 profiles though and just the old colorrip ones. You need to learn profiling and don't try the guessing game or sort of kinda works profile and build a system off that. When or if you go to upgrade none of your past work will print right out of the new printer.

Here is a good deal on a used Xrite device kit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Rite-Gre...m4b61582634:g:x58AAOSw0TpcdH5z&frcectupt=true

Here is another one. Personally I would buy this one it's the newer version.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EFI-X-Rite...566978?hash=item443916ba82:g:W60AAOSwu4JchVWd