• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color matching when printing????

decaljunkie

I am printing a banner for a client, that has orange text on it. but when i print out the banner orange color is different than the original file proof. cant figure out how to get the same color orange to print.can someone explain how to do this. i am printing with a mutoh falcon outdoor ll and using onyx rip and the the banner file was created using illustrator cs3 thanks.

dypinc

Sound like a CM problem. CMYK orange builds are hard to print. Or you could try an RGB or LAB build.

Onyx should a pantone table to work from if you can use a spot color. Or if you can you read a spot color from a pantone book with a spectrometer with onyx (I can't remember if onyx has this feature or not). If so set your orange to a spot color in IL, read the spot color and you should be able to reproduce it pretty close.

heyskull

This is a very very hard colour to match, sometimes it looks too dark other times it will look to dull.
The problem unless you have a printer with orange you will never come anywhere near with a CMYK printer.

SC

Jackpine

I print color charts, CYMK, RGB and Pantone and use as a guide. This will be the colors your printer will print with that profile and material from your software. It gets you closer quicker.