Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color matching when printing????

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by decaljunkie, Aug 25, 2012.

1. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I am printing a banner for a client, that has orange text on it. but when i print out the banner orange color is different than the original file proof. cant figure out how to get the same color orange to print.can someone explain how to do this. i am printing with a mutoh falcon outdoor ll and using onyx rip and the the banner file was created using illustrator cs3 thanks.

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Sound like a CM problem. CMYK orange builds are hard to print. Or you could try an RGB or LAB build.

Onyx should a pantone table to work from if you can use a spot color. Or if you can you read a spot color from a pantone book with a spectrometer with onyx (I can't remember if onyx has this feature or not). If so set your orange to a spot color in IL, read the spot color and you should be able to reproduce it pretty close.

3. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    This is a very very hard colour to match, sometimes it looks too dark other times it will look to dull.
    The problem unless you have a printer with orange you will never come anywhere near with a CMYK printer.

SC

4. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I print color charts, CYMK, RGB and Pantone and use as a guide. This will be the colors your printer will print with that profile and material from your software. It gets you closer quicker.