• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color mixing

Dajackal

Currently using a DX7 printhead, I just diagnosed an error in my printhead nozzle as the black wasn't working properly, I had to change the upper half of the printhead, now, the issue is the black in is mixing with the cyan, is there anything I can make it stop, I'm really tired of this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's called cross-contamination and it usually happens if the maintenance station is clogged or not draining fast enough. Make sure your waste tubes are flushed and watch the waste tubes to see if ink is flowing through during a cleaning cycle. If nothing moves through, start by replacing the station.

Sometimes it can be a bad damper so if the maintenance station is good then the next step is to replace dampers. One thing you should also check is if the ink cartridge is empty. Sometimes the will empty and not flag the printer so the cartridge will pull back on the system which causes the other colors to be pulled back up into the wrong channel.

Unfortunately if those things don't work, the head could be damaged internally which is not fixable. You can test this idea by flushing the head witha syringe and cleaning solution. If you push solution through one channel and it comes out of another channel, it's done.

Dajackal

It's called cross-contamination and it usually happens if the maintenance station is clogged or not draining fast enough. Make sure your waste tubes are flushed and watch the waste tubes to see if ink is flowing through during a cleaning cycle. If nothing moves through, start by replacing the station.

Sometimes it can be a bad damper so if the maintenance station is good then the next step is to replace dampers. One thing you should also check is if the ink cartridge is empty. Sometimes the will empty and not flag the printer so the cartridge will pull back on the system which causes the other colors to be pulled back up into the wrong channel.

Unfortunately if those things don't work, the head could be damaged internally which is not fixable. You can test this idea by flushing the head witha syringe and cleaning solution. If you push solution through one channel and it comes out of another channel, it's done.
Thanks for the insight.