• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color munki designer

Flubber

Does anyone use this device and if so what is your experience with it eg. ease of use and does it do what it says. we are looking to buy this but for the almost $500 it cost we are kinda skeptical about it.

The X-Rite Color Munki does a good job of monitor and desktop printer profiling, and is very user-friendly. If you are running a large-format printer that is driven from a software RIP, be sure that the RIP will communicate with the device. I don't know of any RIPs that support that unit, but frankly, I've not looked into it in any depth of late.

Flubber

as far as making a profile for each media and making a color swatch that can be integrated into flexi, how consistent is it and is it worth the money?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Very good questions. First, for color consistentcy, you should really have two Flexi Pro 10s. Second, who is demanding the color matching? Third, Flexi allows you to print color charts. Therefore, I would suggest printing color charts on the top 4,5, or 6 media in your shop. Then, when a customer requests X color on X media, the customer can point to the color and media and say, "...that one..." Then you and the customer are assured of getting the right color.

adrock

We've got a Colormunki designer, and we just upgraded to Onyx 10 with our new flatbed. It doesn't seem like Onyx's media manager communicates with the colormunki, we are looking into an eye1 now. Colormunki seems great for monitor profiling though.

Flubber

Very good questions. First, for color consistentcy, you should really have two Flexi Pro 10s. Second, who is demanding the color matching? Third, Flexi allows you to print color charts. Therefore, I would suggest printing color charts on the top 4,5, or 6 media in your shop. Then, when a customer requests X color on X media, the customer can point to the color and media and say, "...that one..." Then you and the customer are assured of getting the right color.

the color matching is for our personal use just so we can have all matching colors on both pc monitors. We do a lot designing with the customer present so when they see the design on our monitor they know what the actual finished product will look like on the screen, having our monitor show exactly what the finished product will be is our main goal. for instance we are using the corel pallet in flexi and we have printed the pallet out and mounted it to the wall so customers can pick a color but what is printed on our display pallet isnt the colors that are on the screen and thats where our problem is.