Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color Printer Questions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by smullen, Apr 25, 2005.

1. smullen

smullen Member

Aug 12, 2004
    What type of printer can print right on stuff like Corplast, Banners and maybe aluminum signs and such???

I always pay atention to signage and always wonder what HW they used to make it...

Tags:
  2. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Printers starting at over $50,000 for the most part. Its a toss up between UV and solvent right now I believe. We are looking ourselves into trading our year old JV3 in on a flatbed UV printer later this year or next. I know the Colorspan and one other company makes flatbed printers in the sub $100,000 price range. I expect in the coming years the price to come down some on them though.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Gerber also has a UV cure printer called the Solara which is slated to have a flatbed option later this year.

4. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    To print on Corplast, and aluminum signs your going to need a UV printer. The Colorspan is $75k but only prints up to 1/2" thick.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Remember the guiding motto of our industry:
    “I spent (fill in the number) for my setup so I could make cheap signs!” [​IMG]