• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Printer Questions

smullen

What type of printer can print right on stuff like Corplast, Banners and maybe aluminum signs and such???

I always pay atention to signage and always wonder what HW they used to make it...

jayhawksigns

Printers starting at over $50,000 for the most part. Its a toss up between UV and solvent right now I believe. We are looking ourselves into trading our year old JV3 in on a flatbed UV printer later this year or next. I know the Colorspan and one other company makes flatbed printers in the sub $100,000 price range. I expect in the coming years the price to come down some on them though.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gerber also has a UV cure printer called the Solara which is slated to have a flatbed option later this year.

Scott Reynolds

To print on Corplast, and aluminum signs your going to need a UV printer. The Colorspan is $75k but only prints up to 1/2" thick.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Remember the guiding motto of our industry:
“I spent (fill in the number) for my setup so I could make cheap signs!”
homer_simpson.gif