• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color profiles for 9000s

MetroSigns

I am having the most horrific problem with my 9000s machines and profiles. I have files that "band" with color but not with the machine.

Meaning, the files all print nice when wet but when they dry (mostly blacks, greys, and darks, they have this weird banding and ink loss.... its not from the machine - its fine in some colors on the same file and not in the darks.

Any ideas on how to fix this? We are having the worst time with wraps and any help would be appreciated. We are using 3M and 3M profiles and it still looks like junk.

HELP!

HulkSmash

Your heat is set too high. Lower it. When it's too high it dries to ink too fast causing it to split.. if that makes sense?

Rooster

I find that no matter I do, sometimes really heavily saturated colors or dark saturated colors will band. Then I increase the number of passes and it goes away.

It would seem to be some sort of ink starvation, either printing beyond the capabilities of the heads to deliver ink or a damper issue.

NZDR-Payne

You may want to eliminate plasticizer migration in your media before doing too much else. 3M rarely has this problem but it can happen to any vinyl as it ages.

Wipe one side of the media down with IPA (any type of cloth/rag can be used) and then print your file. If the side wiped with IPA looks drastically different (better) than the non-wiped side then you've got plasticizer migration in the vinyl media.