• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color profiles for Mutoh

No Name

I use an old Mutoh Falcon Outdoor with Signlab 8 VPM for some printjobs and I have issues with colour density on some materials.
Good quality glossy vinyl (Oracals mostly) and some banner materials are ok, but the colours are pretty dull and black is more like dark grey on paper and some backlit materials.
Any ideas how to get more accurate / better colours?

Adam White

I run a Mutoh ValueJet 1624x and Epson SureColor T5270 (for photo plates) and noticed that RBG 000 Black gives me the best results (with vector files) Better than CMYK (0,0,0,100) as printers translate any color profile (RGB, CMYK, HEX, Lab, HSV) with the ink limit levels (CMYK) that your printer will allow to flow out of the print head.

You will also experience a difference in color output based on the type of file that is ripped and printed. Vector (.AI, .PDF, .EPS ) vs Non-vector (.JPEG, .PNG, .TIFF etc.) files

Vector images seem to have the most consistent color output as the colors can be controlled by the user.

Try adjusting the ink saturation levels on your printer and or rip software to get richer dark colors.

No Name

Are you using the profile for the back-lit media? Should have multiple passes
I´ve tried several profiles but I don´t have any for the specific materials I use.
Some are useable, some are all over the place (wrong colours, too much or not enough ink etc).