• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color profiles

We are currently using a Roland sc500 with Roland eco sol max inks and color choice rip software, printing on oracal gloss material. The only profiles We can find are the ones that came with color choice. The main issue we are having is printing grays and lime green cant seem to get the color right.. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get color profiles for this old printer, we have been to the Roland website and they dont have any profiles for color choice there any longer or if anyone has color profiles they would like to share we would be very greatful.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/images/smilies/brickwall.gif

The problem with that is there isn't too many 3rd party CAN'D profiles for that printer bc it was a first generation outdoor unit. Most people that run that style printer either make custom profiles or tweak there CAN'D profiles. Heads up though on that printer it is very difficult to get neutral colors and certain solid colors are you running 4 color or is it the 6 color config.? I can look in some of my custom profiles and see but its just that old!! Make sense?

tomasimattia

i know your problems... oracle have a bad icc profile.... try here http://avery-eu.color-base.com/.... registred and find the similar products: example avery polimeric if you use a oracle polimeric.... i think is better use a goof profile for polimeric than a bad profile of your materials :) NB this is for europe users, maybe you find a site for the usa...

as I am new to the digital printing area it does make some sense to me, we are running the 6 color config. we have found that we should have gone a different route with the printer but thought we had a good deal and it does print nicely if you stay away from certain colors ... of course those are the colors customers want. any help is greatly appreciated if you have the time to find any of your profiles I would be sure to put them to great use. thank you for your time and consideration...

MrSalumi

The problem with that is there isn't too many 3rd party CAN'D profiles for that printer bc it was a first generation outdoor unit. Most people that run that style printer either make custom profiles or tweak there CAN'D profiles. Heads up though on that printer it is very difficult to get neutral colors and certain solid colors are you running 4 color or is it the 6 color config.? I can look in some of my custom profiles and see but its just that old!! Make sense?

I could use some 4 color profiles if you have them handy! I have the same machine and have a few that are my go-to's but am always looking for more. PM me if you are serious! thx.

sydpos

cap in hand sc500 cmyk profiles please

hello Mr Salumi & other Members, , in an effort to "get a feel" I recently bought a very inexpensive sc500 cmyk, (adjunct to our km6500) as we have been jobbing out large format work for several years. it works well but the profiles we are using (with vinylmaster 8/supplied) just are not giving us colours accurate enough to meet customers expectations. I dont want to get roland out, i would rather put that $1000 towards a new machine. We have a capable operator. Any advice, or profiles, you are prepared to share, we would be very grateful to receive. LIkewise I have profiles supplied by previous owner and from vinylmaster I can forward to you. Hoping you could assist, thanks Adrian

Fantazia

SC-500 works for me for 10 years now. Simple and cheap to work printer, was Roland first try with outoor inks. The first years with SOL inks was hard to work, things were better with Eco-SOL inks, much better now with Eco SOL MAX inks and heater. Start from here for color profiles, try settings in ColorChoice (v4.5). Orafol has profiles for some media too.

deegrafix

Profiles are a pain with Color Choice and can't be imported from a newer program. Over time I have come to pretty much ignore what they say they are for and after extensive test printing, have a few favorites that I use for nearly everything. I suspect the CJ, although it is a great printer, is not as "finely tuned" as the more modern printers. I may be wrong, but after so many hours of sending the same little print with a different profile or small adjustment, it seems like only a few profiles have any real effect on the outcome.

For color issues I have printed pantone charts on 8.5x11 on 3MIJ180 using my best profiles printing at FINE 2, PHOTO and PHOTO with overprint (which is mind-numbingly slow but spectacular) and put them in 3 ring binders. Then when I need to match a color I can usually change it in the artwork. It may look off on screen but will print to match the printed charts.

I'll probably catch hell for not educating myself better on profiles, etc., but People get from point A to point B in different ways.....

sfr table hockey

I use a converted CJ500 and ecosol max inks. That link above is a good start and the gen banner material is one that I found to be one of the best ones for a lot but color is not perfect yet when needing to color match a logo or photo.

I make my own profiles and have made a few that should get better color and gradients for you. Only issue is if your rip will handle made profiles. Roland Color choice will not when using CMYKLcLm but if you change to just CMYK you can use made profiles. I have made a couple with just CMYK if that is your only option.

PM me with your email and I can try to send a couple. You need to be using Rolands Ecosol Max inks or they will be no good.

guitarguy69

Had the same problem until we created our own profile with the grey scale being neutral. When I have a bright color like lime green or a few others like hot pink I usually try a small test print with a CMYK file and an RGB file. I found better luck using the RGB for vivid colors. CMYK printing and color is a huge can of worms and I am just at the tip of the iceberg.