• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help color profiles

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Ok, so I had print issues thinking that it was printheads and optimizers. ALL of those have been replaced and everything prints nicely EXCEPT ON my heat transfer vinyl. For some reason the black is fuzzy. like it's dropping too much ink. I have selected another color profile and changed the number of passes. But when I did that, suddenly blue on a facebook logo is now gray. So I downloaded a new color profile and get the colors more vibrant but I still have a fuzziness issue with the black. It's LESS, but still not perfect lines. WHAT do I DO? I've spent all day with this issue. I am using digicat turbo by GSG and using a siser profile. I've done this for a year now and no issues. BUT now all of the sudden I have issues with it.

Attachments

• 20200714_141702.jpg
    20200714_141702.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 182
  • 20200714_141115 (1).jpg
    20200714_141115 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 147

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I don’t have a HP and you didn’t mention your RIP but can’t you change the ink density in the profile you like?

greysquirrel

check the value of the black, it could be too much ink...is it hot in your print room? could be static. I have not used heat transfer material with a latex printer so Im treating it as if it where vinyl. Looks like bleed which could be too much ink, or not enough optimizer; could be black head alignment or static. If all other materials look fine...could be media

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
check the value of the black, it could be too much ink...is it hot in your print room? could be static. I have not used heat transfer material with a latex printer so Im treating it as if it where vinyl. Looks like bleed which could be too much ink, or not enough optimizer; could be black head alignment or static. If all other materials look fine...could be media
not hot in the print room. I've used this same heat transfer vinyl for a year now with the same profile and it printed beautifully before. Now that I have changed printheads it's all funky. It's like it's dropping too much black. but I don't know how to correct that.

I would suggest pulling down and installing the Media Preset for Poli-Tape Turbo Print 4036 from the HP Media Locator.
https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator
Search (icon of a blue filter) under manufacturer = Poli-Tape, and download the OMS file for the 315 printer, and install it through the Embedded Web Server interface.
It is a Certified media preset.

Attachments

• TurboPrint4036.JPG
    TurboPrint4036.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 141

Don Fang

Ok, so I had print issues thinking that it was printheads and optimizers. ALL of those have been replaced and everything prints nicely EXCEPT ON my heat transfer vinyl. For some reason the black is fuzzy. like it's dropping too much ink. I have selected another color profile and changed the number of passes. But when I did that, suddenly blue on a facebook logo is now gray. So I downloaded a new color profile and get the colors more vibrant but I still have a fuzziness issue with the black. It's LESS, but still not perfect lines. WHAT do I DO? I've spent all day with this issue. I am using digicat turbo by GSG and using a siser profile. I've done this for a year now and no issues. BUT now all of the sudden I have issues with it.
Maybe the UV lamps are not effective enough so the ink can not get dry fast.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Maybe the UV lamps are not effective enough so the ink can not get dry fast.
I don't think it has UV lamps. It's a latex printer. It has heaters.
The number of passes seems to be what makes the difference. the more passes of ink it drops, the more distorted the black becomes.