Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help color profiles

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Geneva Olson, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    Ok, so I had print issues thinking that it was printheads and optimizers. ALL of those have been replaced and everything prints nicely EXCEPT ON my heat transfer vinyl. For some reason the black is fuzzy. like it's dropping too much ink. I have selected another color profile and changed the number of passes. But when I did that, suddenly blue on a facebook logo is now gray. So I downloaded a new color profile and get the colors more vibrant but I still have a fuzziness issue with the black. It's LESS, but still not perfect lines. WHAT do I DO? I've spent all day with this issue. I am using digicat turbo by GSG and using a siser profile. I've done this for a year now and no issues. BUT now all of the sudden I have issues with it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I don’t have a HP and you didn’t mention your RIP but can’t you change the ink density in the profile you like?

3. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    check the value of the black, it could be too much ink...is it hot in your print room? could be static. I have not used heat transfer material with a latex printer so Im treating it as if it where vinyl. Looks like bleed which could be too much ink, or not enough optimizer; could be black head alignment or static. If all other materials look fine...could be media

4. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I changed the number of passes and the black did great but the rest of the colors went bland.

5. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    not hot in the print room. I've used this same heat transfer vinyl for a year now with the same profile and it printed beautifully before. Now that I have changed printheads it's all funky. It's like it's dropping too much black. but I don't know how to correct that.

6. greysquirrel

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    so re-calibrate the profile. That should correct the issue

7. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    uhhh ok. that's where i need help? how do i do that?

8. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    I would suggest pulling down and installing the Media Preset for Poli-Tape Turbo Print 4036 from the HP Media Locator.
    https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator
    Search (icon of a blue filter) under manufacturer = Poli-Tape, and download the OMS file for the 315 printer, and install it through the Embedded Web Server interface.
    It is a Certified media preset.

Attached Files:

9. greysquirrel

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    you can youtube for a video, but its in the media profile and cleaning section on the control panel

10. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    found that one! Thanks!

11. Don Fang

Don Fang New Member

Jul 14, 2020
    Canada AB Calgary
    Maybe the UV lamps are not effective enough so the ink can not get dry fast.

12. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I don't think it has UV lamps. It's a latex printer. It has heaters.
    The number of passes seems to be what makes the difference. the more passes of ink it drops, the more distorted the black becomes.