Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Color-Shifting Vinyl

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by SoCalN8V, Oct 17, 2019.

  1. SoCalN8V

    SoCalN8V Active Member

    I have a customer who wants the EXACT color-shifting blue vinyl shown in this photo. I showed him the swatches for Avery's ColorFlow and for 3M's Flip and he doesn't like any of those. Does anyone know what brand and what color this is? What other manufacturers make color-shifting vinyls? Thank you in advance.

    Attached Files:

  2. estunum

    estunum New Member

    Nov 2, 2016
    San Diego
    Which series do you have for 3M? They have two series that color shift, 1080 and 2080. The only other one I can think of is Oracal's 970RA series, but looking at my book here doesn't look like what you have on the photo though. Then again, the fact it shifts means it won't photograph well either.

    EDIT: Ignore the 2080 series. That series doesn't add any new colors, same as the 1080. They just come with a removable protective layer on the gloss ones. My bad.
  3. SoCalN8V

    SoCalN8V Active Member

    Thank you. I'm trying to get a swatch book for the Oracal. I have the 3M 1080 and 2080 and he didn't like any of them.
  4. Greg Kelm

    Greg Kelm Member

    Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
  5. jfiscus

    jfiscus Map Wraster

    Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    That might be a "holographic" film in a 15" cut vinyl roll, not a wrap film since it looks like its also layered with another "specialty" Gold vinyl.
  6. bannertime

    bannertime Very Active Member

    Sep 8, 2016
    Yeah, this looks like it's by someone that used to do this stuff before wrap films. Reminds of all the graduated vinyl we used to use back in the 90s.
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page