• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color-Shifting Vinyl

SoCalN8V

I have a customer who wants the EXACT color-shifting blue vinyl shown in this photo. I showed him the swatches for Avery's ColorFlow and for 3M's Flip and he doesn't like any of those. Does anyone know what brand and what color this is? What other manufacturers make color-shifting vinyls? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• COLOR SHIFTING VINYL2.jpg
    COLOR SHIFTING VINYL2.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 270

estunum

Which series do you have for 3M? They have two series that color shift, 1080 and 2080. The only other one I can think of is Oracal's 970RA series, but looking at my book here doesn't look like what you have on the photo though. Then again, the fact it shifts means it won't photograph well either.

EDIT: Ignore the 2080 series. That series doesn't add any new colors, same as the 1080. They just come with a removable protective layer on the gloss ones. My bad.

SoCalN8V

Thank you. I'm trying to get a swatch book for the Oracal. I have the 3M 1080 and 2080 and he didn't like any of them.

jfiscus

Rap Master
That might be a "holographic" film in a 15" cut vinyl roll, not a wrap film since it looks like its also layered with another "specialty" Gold vinyl.

bannertime

That might be a "holographic" film in a 15" cut vinyl roll, not a wrap film since it looks like its also layered with another "specialty" Gold vinyl.

Yeah, this looks like it's by someone that used to do this stuff before wrap films. Reminds of all the graduated vinyl we used to use back in the 90s.