• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color shifts part way through print

sleepyeyed

Having an issue where my roland xr-640 is printing solid colors inconsistently. You can see in the photo what's happening.
KauZ1mB.jpeg

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Do a nozzle print when you notice this happening to rule out any ink flow problem then look into Ginos Signal Interruption

netsol

if it is some sort of signal interruption, power management is often the culprit.
device manager, choose your network adapter, properties power management
allow windows to turn off this adapter to save power must be UNCHECKED

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
My guess is the dampers are getting clogged and starving the head for ink.

As you print, oversized clumps of ink in the damper get shaken up and sucked into the screen. Over the years these oversized particles build up in the damper. When you stop printing and the ink flow stops, the particles fall off the screen. Also, the quicker you lay down the ink, the more you agitate the large particles which equals greater suction into the damper screen. High-speed banners will be the worst, you may be able to limp along on your highest quality settings and or slow down the head until you get new dampers...

If you check your nozzle dropout and then do a head cleaning and you lose more, It's probably a damper.