• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Shifts RGB to CMYK

batman

Greetings,
My bright greens are turning to dark greens when I change color modes. do anyone know how to preserve the colors when switching from RGB mode to CMYK mode in photoshop?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Greetings,
My bright greens are turning to dark greens when I change color modes. do anyone know how to preserve the colors when switching from RGB mode to CMYK mode in photoshop?

Yes. The problem is with the default color profiles you have setup.

Look under Edit > Color Settings at what workspace you are defaulting to. Mine are set as shown in the attachment and I have no problems such as you are describing.

Attachments

• colorsettings.jpg
    colorsettings.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 68

iSign

I just tried it too, because I recently upgraded my design station... reinstalled all my programs & now I'm having some serious color problems in Photoshop... most notably my white looks like vanilla ice cream :(

This modification didn't take care of it, but since you may be able to help me Fred... I want to email you a copy of an email I already placed 4 screenshots & some descriptions in for my IT guy who couldn't help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I had that problem with two different new monitors. What you need to do is to assign a different workspace profile to the monitor than it's manufacturer thinks is what you will like.

iSign

WOOHOO!!!!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!

Thanks Fred, I owe you one!!!

(well, just to keep myself honest... I'm on a dual boot system,
and changed profiles on both to correct the problem on both...

...so I owe you TWO!!!