• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color specs for an ivory envelope?

Allied Digital

Im doing return address labels to be put on an ivory colored envelope. They want the background to match the envelope!
Before I go printing a ka-zillion differnt colored boxes to get a close match on an ivory... does anyone have anything they have use in the past so I can at least begin there???

royster13

I have at least 20 different shades of ivory envelopes in my sample box.....Probably best to start with a sample from your client.....

Allied Digital

I'm obviously doing these for a printing company and they gave me a sample. Will it help if I give you brand name? Is that on the envelopes in your sample box?

Allied Digital

Thanks all. My customer just emailed that it is covering up existing text and "close" will be good enough. I can do that!
What would we do without S101!!! Hats off this site and thanks again for the speedy reply.

royster13

"Close" is one of those terms that may mean something different to you and your client....A few years ago I had a client order some key tags and asked for gold....I gave him a metallic gold and he wanted a gold closer to the Edmonton Eskimos which I called yellow.....

mark galoob

personally, i dont think its possible to match the color of an envelope with a printed background. best thing to do would be pull the printed background out of the art and use the envelope as the background

mark galoob