• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color Trapping with Flexi

Heather Aden

I am using the Color Trapping feature in FlexiSIGN Pro and sometimes it won't do it on part of the graphic. Also when I click the green check mark somtimes it removed part of the graphic and fills it in with another color. What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug in the program?

Thanks
Heather

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have always found it to work well. You can only do two different colored objects at a time. And you have to make sure all pieces of one color are combined objects....sometimes only having object grouped can give you problems.

EDIT: Take that back...just tried with 4 different colors and worked fine. I always assumed only 2 at once....learned something new.

Last edited:

spooledUP7

I am using the Color Trapping feature in FlexiSIGN Pro and sometimes it won't do it on part of the graphic. Also when I click the green check mark somtimes it removed part of the graphic and fills it in with another color. What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug in the program?

Thanks
Heather
That is a strange one. My suggestion is to upload a screenshot of an example you are experiencing and let others try and recreate the issue. I thought it might be something to do with looped paths, but as hard as I tried I couldn't replicate your issues. Every so often I run into a similar issue with the Outlines effect where the outline won't be visible until I find the looped path.

One thought though, if you have a compounded object (weld, cut out, fused...) that you may want to separate the effect before trapping.