• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color variance in "nested" job

GP

I came in yesterday afternoon to get a jump start on a Sprinter wrap.

We use Caldera with out HP L25500. I sent all six panels to the cue and watched it roll - not paying too much attention. Since the Bears were on.

I came in early this morning before the phones started ringing to trim. Still not noticing anything strange. When I taped the panels to the vehicle and step back, I notice that the panels are like a paint deck, each one getting less yellow.

My inks levels are close to capacity (I have noticed that color will vary as I dip below 100 mL - which I have learned to accept to some degree).

But I am not sure how this happened.

It was the very end of the roll of 3751 - but I started the roll last week - it's not like it sat for a period of time.

Any ideas?

I have to get this thing rolling and I am nervous to send it all at once. This would be the third time I have printed. (first one was my screw up - which is why I came in Sunday).

Thanks.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i don't own any of your products, but:
did you check to make sure the file was correct? no gradients, rogue fades or transparency issues? its CMYK?
it seems strange to have a fade with NOLY one color, unless, your yellow cartridge is bad.
-Mosher

Bly

I noticed the same thing on a wrap we did in two long print runs.
Two panels printed a distance apart were slightly different.
I think the best option when colour continuity is important is to try and break it up into shorter lots.
The printer does a head check and recovery each time a job starts.

FrankW

It could happen often that color varies a little from the left to the right side of the print, what could lead to strange effects when panelling. To avoid that every RIP-Software I know have a feature to flip every panel against each other to allow mounting panels right to right and left to left side.