• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Color + White + Color on Epson S80600

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Onyx Thrive 21 Rip, and Epson S80600... I've printed color + White on our epson, but I don't think I've ever printed sandwiched graphics. Is this achievable on this machine?

Saturn

Aging Member
I'm curious too Boudica!

Seems like one or two folks on here have mentioned it should be doable, but I have yet to see any posts about it actually getting done in reality. You may have come across the same info that said North American machines don't get the 3L option, for whatever reason... Whether it's a driver, or profiles, I dunno. :(

unclebun

I don't think it's a machine thing. It's in the RIP. Although I don't have the newest version, I have been unable to get Onyx to do it. Unfortunately there's not a lot of help with doing layers. The RIP people won't really help and Epson says talk to the RIP people.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Forgive my ignorance, but why would you need to print white-color-white? We don't have a printer that does white so it's not something I'm familiar with.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Yes, we have done it with Onyx, but we now only have Epson S60600 machines here as we never really used the white much.
Obviously you have to set up your file correctly first (everything has to be overprint).
You have to be using a correct Profile in the RIP that supports the white/layering.
Then you RIP the file in Onyx, and then you right click on it and you can adjust the settings further for how you want the file to be printed.
You can add/change/sort layers of print and change pass settings in there.

Everything should be explained here: ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6029/epson602962eu.pdf

Attachments

• epson602962eu.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:

unclebun

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you need to print white-color-white? We don't have a printer that does white so it's not something I'm familiar with.
It's color-white color. You use it to print on clear vinyl that is either going to be applied to glass so the picture can be seen from both sides, or to white plexiglass faces to give better transmitted light color saturation without too-dark colors from double strike printing.

Scotchbrite

No comment
It's color-white color. You use it to print on clear vinyl that is either going to be applied to glass so the picture can be seen from both sides, or to white plexiglass faces to give better transmitted light color saturation without too-dark colors from double strike printing.
Okay that makes sense. It helps if I read a little more closely, too.

Boudica

I don't think it's a machine thing. It's in the RIP. Although I don't have the newest version, I have been unable to get Onyx to do it. Unfortunately there's not a lot of help with doing layers. The RIP people won't really help and Epson says talk to the RIP people.
Thanks! I was afraid this might be the case. I do have layering capabilities with our Agfa Annapurna, but I'm still trying to dial in print/cut capabilities with it. I guess I should focus on that instead.

I thought I posted this earlier, now there are more replies...
Yes, we have done it with Onyx, but we now only have Epson S60600 machines here as we never really used the white much.
Obviously you have to set up your file correctly first (everything has to be overprint).
You have to be using a correct Profile in the RIP that supports the white/layering.
Then you RIP the file in Onyx, and then you right click on it and you can adjust the settings further for how you want the file to be printed.
You can add/change/sort layers of print and change pass settings in there.

So, now I see it might be possible, if I set up the file correctly, and find the right profile....?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Thanks! I was afraid this might be the case. I do have layering capabilities with our Agfa Annapurna, but I'm still trying to dial in print/cut capabilities with it. I guess I should focus on that instead.

I thought I posted this earlier, now there are more replies...

So, now I see it might be possible, if I set up the file correctly, and find the right profile....?
I updated my post above with an informational PDF that I learned it from.

Saturn

Aging Member
Page 19 of that PDF -
* Depending on your country or region you may not be able to select 3L.
(notice it's from the Epson-EU site.)

Boudica

I saw the EU in the file name... I've got it open but it's been CRAZY today... haven't read any of it yet.