• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado 1650 error 21551

GenV

Hello, first time poster, long time lurker!

We've been struggling to clear error 21551 from the printer. It pops up after you feed the media and start to print anything (we've used the printhead quality chart, test print and a print job to troubleshoot), the printhead does a scan to the right and as it reaches the end of the platen, the error pops up, the head goes back to the maintenance station and it requires a restart. The technicians have swapped out numerous cables, the M&C scanner, encoder strip and the encoder (may have swapped out other things in the carriage system) to no avail. I was hoping perhaps any of you have had experience or perhaps any ideas on what to further investigate (the techs are scratching their heads as well at this point)

Thank you in advance!

GenV

image0.jpeg

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Oh wow, Sorry, i've never seen such code. Usually it's Printer/YMS_05 or something. Not just Printer/

What version are you on? i think you're on 2.5.x ?

Hopefully you're dealing with Canon direct as they'd have to escalate that to Venlo if they don't know.

GenV

Oh wow, Sorry, i've never seen such code. Usually it's Printer/YMS_05 or something. Not just Printer/

What version are you on? i think you're on 2.5.x ?

Hopefully you're dealing with Canon direct as they'd have to escalate that to Venlo if they don't know.
Hey, thank you for the reply, yeah we're on 2.5.0.0

It's pretty interesting right? As far as I have heard from the technicians this issue has been forwarded to techs of neighboring countries and perhaps even to European HQ.
We have a regional distributor who keeps in contact with the neighboring districts and direct to Canon as well, that's about as far as my knowledge is on the chain of command.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hey, thank you for the reply, yeah we're on 2.5.0.0

It's pretty interesting right? As far as I have heard from the technicians this issue has been forwarded to techs of neighboring countries and perhaps even to European HQ.
We have a regional distributor who keeps in contact with the neighboring districts and direct to Canon as well, that's about as far as my knowledge is on the chain of command.

You should be on Version 2.6.1
I would suggest updating. Which is the first thing the tech should have done. And this is what canon will tell you to do.

Log into your Colorado from the web browser by going into the IP. You can find the IP on the user panel. e.g 192.168.1.160 (yours will be different)

Go to the Support Tab -> "Available PRISMAsync and operating systems updates from on remote service" tab, click Configure -> Enter the password: 71617000
Check all 3 boxes,
download moment: At Specified time
3am
installation moment
1am
(these settings will mean it'll download the update one night and it'll update the following night)

To force the update
On the same tab, there should be a download button. It should also be clickable. click it to download the latest update. once it's downloaded, press install. This will take approx. 1 hour or more, so do it overnight or on a quiet day.

Then check if the error happens.