• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado has a new $1.5 million dollar logo

Pat Whatley

I actually like it. It's instantly recognizable, it's not covered in gimmicky effects that will make it outdated in five years, and it's basic, iconic shape make it easy to use across the 10,000 platforms it needs to be used on.

Designing an effective logo that has to work for everything from the state ballet program to the side of an excavator isn't that easy.

And people saying they should have used the state flag....that flag SUCKS.

signmeup

Looks like a haz-mat symbol for carbon monoxide. That'll look good plastered all over. Colorado... the carbon monoxide state.

Craig Sjoquist

Such a shame, saw the 3 choices couple months ago, but as you know ya don't get into government without enjoyment of spending money for nothing & earning some credit down the line legally of course. .

But this is a good example why people do not trust government for doing things right or best choices.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
"...to a rather underwhelming response".

I believe it looks more at home on a decal affixed to the rear bumper of a Volvo, tooling down some quaint European back road.

JB

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I like it ~ it's very colorado...

I charge alot for my work too, so I can't complain about the cost...

phototec

I think they got it all wrong, they just legalized marijuana and banned fire arms, so they should have taken this opportunity to add these symbols to their new logo, so everyone would know what the state stands for!!!

:omg: :thumb:

Attachments

• colorado-triangle-brand.jpg
    colorado-triangle-brand.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 92

FatCat

Don't want to sound too nuts talking about cover-ups and conspiracy theories with this. However, I often wonder how much of this crap is for legally "greasing" someones palm? We had a similar scenario play out 4-5 years ago here in my town of just about 10,000 people. The City paid $150,000 for a logo that really wasn't anything special. I imagine the bulk of the money was some kind of bribe to someone somewhere, as I can't believe anyone with half a brain (this may be the problem with those in government) would pay that kind of money for crap like that....:rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

I imagine the bulk of the money was some kind of bribe to someone somewhere, as I can't believe anyone with half a brain (this may be the problem with those in government) would pay that kind of money for crap like that....:rolleyes:

Don't be surprised if very little of it was "bribe" money. I've learned something working with government committee's lately. They don't look at it as spending $1.5 million dollars because it's not $1.5 million dollars coming out of their pocket. Colorado has a $20 billion a year budget....they see $1.5 million as a tiny drop in the bucket. The money wasn't spent on bribes, the money was spent on fleshing out the hairbrained design ideas of everybody on the committee.

Robert M

Logo

I also thought it was too simple, they make a big deal out of all the meanings for the CO.
phototec send me a vector of your logo and i will make some up for my customers.
"A green state needs a green logo"

Marlene

it's bad and dated. the colors are from the 90's, the overly spaced letters too. it looks like something we would tell a member here if they posted it to hire a designer. not sure why it cost so much

2B

when I saw the thread title thought, "dang ColoradoSigns is doing KICK A$$ with wraps"

wonder how long before people from Colorado chimes in on the design or if one of them were connected with the design

Locals Find!

Most of the money was probably spent on focus groups to tweak the design. Basically the committee hired more committees to tweak a good design till it was reduced to its worst possible form in no way looking anything like what they started with.

ICeMAnAbk

and people wonder why the US is going bankrupt? Some idiot paid 1.5mil for that triangle. Imagine what they'd pay for a mountain range logo.

Joe Diaz

I certainly don't blame the designer. Having done work for the state before, $1.5 mil may just about cover the headache of it all.