• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorburst and flexi compatible?

Wraps ink

Im thinking of getting a g...s6000 and was wondering if anyone is using flexi or production manager or if flexi is compatible with colorburst I really dont want to change what we have been doing as far as design software...I have flexi 8 and we use photoshop as well...any input would b e great

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I have colorburst for my Vuteks. Not sure how it differs for the Epsons....Should be compatible with flexi if you set up hot folders or print server.

boxerbay

you cant design in CB. It is just a layout RIP to run your files created in AI, PS, COREL, whatever. As long as it is an EPS or PDF or TIFF it will run fine.

CalamityJay

colorburst can only use a 6 color profile. gs6000 is 8. use production manager out of flexi to create color profiles. they work well.

mudmedia

colorburst can only use a 6 color profile. gs6000 is 8. use production manager out of flexi to create color profiles. they work well.

Im not sure how true that is? Colorburst is the OEM rip for the epson gs6000 so why would thye not make a 8 color version for the epson..The epson has its own stand alone version of colorburst...I tried it and went with onyx...I liked the colors out of onyx better but maybe its just me.

CalamityJay

i just think colorburst doesnt quite seem to match up icc profiles well that were created with production manager. maybe they work better with a different rip as mudmedia stated before.

colorburst does sometimes handle difficult files better in regards to transparency, overprints, spotcolors and such.