• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorburst RIP Question - Need help fast!

Rage Wraps

Hey guys I am under a major time crunch and need some help asap.

I finally have everything running again on the new computer (only able to connect at the moment via USB) and I am starting my rip. design everything at half scale at 240dbi. So when I bring it into colorburst it show my original image as 29"x110" like it should at 710mb in size. Now when I bring it in to scale it up 200% it scales fine and comes out to 58"x220" with no problem, but for some reason it says the file sizes is 2 KB. That does not make sense to me and wonder what is going on. Please help.

Thanks, Phil

Dice

It's possibly a linked PDF that is linked to your original PDF.

If you drag and drop in Illy for instance it doesn't put the file "inside", it just links it. You can click on it and hit embed to actually put the file inside the other.

rfulford

Colorburst will switch to show you the size of the layout file after you make a change such as scaling, step and repeat or imposing.

ColesCreations

Is your computer set up NTFS or FAT?

How much Ram do you have?

Huge files will stop halfway through if you run out of ram or max file size, which may be as low as 4 GB on a FAT, 32-bit os.

Rip-files can be many GB more than your file-size.

We had this problem on WinXP with FAT, and used a newer computer with NTFS, without this problem