• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorcamm PC-60 Print Laminate Cut

cjkiefer

I recently purchased a used Colorcamm pc-60 with a bunch of ribbons and an extra new printhead. I have been using a Stika SX-12 for a couple of years with my painting business but needed a bigger cutter and just happened to find this one in good shape.

I have been printing small stickers fir the RC industry, but I need to laminate them due to the fuel that they use will rub the color right off.

Is it possible to print, then laminate , then reload to contour cut the stickers.

Thanks
Colton

mopar691

Yes, Print Registration marks then manually line back up the the marks after laminating. Kind of a pita but I used to do it all the time before I got the FC-8000

cjkiefer

Ok, that helps. I know that the pc-60 does not have the auto registration feature
So if I print registration marks I can line up the base point with it and contour cut?

I am using Flexi 8

cjkiefer

Ok I am having some issues

First I cannot get flexi to print the registration marks. The box is grayed out so it won't let me turn them on

I guess I could set my base point and then try and mark it so when I reload the media I can set the base point back at that spot

Any help would be greatly appreciated

woolly

done it a few times in the past.

load a roll of vinyl as usual feed it back and forward a few times to see if tracking square adjust till it does, on the front and rear place strips of spare vinyl against the side of the vinyl.
reload the vinyl against these strips setup and feed it back and forward again it should track straight.
with the front edge sensor on you should be able to load and reload in the exact same position every time.
whilst laminating never cut or damage the front or side edge of the material as that is what is lining it back up again.
don't use centre graphic on media width always hard left. on the screen hard right as you look at the plotter
surround the graphic with a hairline box that will be cut to double check registration cheaper than printing one.

an alternative could be print and cut then spray with frog juice weed whilst damp

the pc60 is week stepper motor driven so always a nice sharp blade and good holder as if it struggles to cut it will go out or reg half way through the cutting.

cjkiefer

Got it working last night. Thanks for all your help. It is kind of a pita. Will just have I print on 12 inch vinyl not on 24